1 Upcoming Steeple events and related news
 1.1 Steeple Benefits Realisation
The Steeple project was successful in winning a benefits realisation grant. This funding allowed work on spreading and sharing the outputs of the Steeple project to start in September 2009, though funding is now mostly exhausted. Our latest, though hopefully not last, BR event is taking place in Oxford on the 1st July 2011
Thanks to all the Steeple community partners for your support in making this happen!
 1.2 Assemblies
 2 Past events and news
- BR/Workshop_July_2011 - Oxford workshop - 1st July 2011
- BR/Workshop_Nov_2010_UCL - Last BR Workshop of 2010.
- 19th July Steeple Oxford workshop - BR/Assembly_July_2010_Oxford
- Cambridge Workshop - BR/Workshop March 2010 Cambridge
- Oxford Workshop - BR/Assembly October 2009 Oxford
- Nottingham Workshop - BR/Workshop November 2009 Nottingham
Previous assemblies and collaborations:
- Steeple & ELTAC: Building bridges and looking at common work such as IPR. OXFORD 7th OCTOBER 2009! Further information and outputs from day on the October Assembly page.
(most recent first)
- The Sunday Times on 11th October 2009 featured a full page colour article on Open Content and Podcasting including quotes from academics and support staff at Oxford, Cambridge and The Open University. There is also an online version entitled http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/education/article6869552.ece Self-learners' creating university of online'].
- Steeple and ELTAC hosted a joint assembly with various other universities at Oxford on October 7th. The day included around 30 people from HE discussing and presenting about their interests in the world of online audio and video capture. The day was structured in the form of an unconference with topics chosen from a list of talks on the BR_Assembly page. A significant output of the day was a technical thinktank across the participants looking at opportunities for a uniformed structuring of metadata for podcast delivery.
- Peter Robinson gave a talk entitled 'A Pocket University' at the Future of Technology Conference in London on 2nd October. The talk covered the activity at Oxford, the Steeple project and also gave a preview of the sister strand project EREWHON mobile portal m.ox.ac.uk Slides with audio for A Pocket University are online at the FOTE web site.
- Peter Robinson gave a talk on iTunes U, Steeple and Open Video Content to the JISC Digital Collections for historians event at Oxford on September 3rd 2009. 
- Barry Cornelius from Oxford gave a great overview of institutional podcasting and the technical work to get Oxford on iTunesU at the UK HE Webmanagers conference in July 2009. Notes, pdfs and presentation from the event here - .
- Peter Robinson gave a talk on Steeple and Open Video Content to the JISC Sound and Video think tank at HEFCE in London on 23rd June 2009
- Steeple.org.uk podcasting is featured in a column on Open Education in the June 09 edition of Wired magazine. Page 23.
- Peter Robinson gave a keynote on Oxford on iTunesU at Apple HQ on May 11th.
Notes and presentation from the event - File:PPP Oxford iTunesU 6thMay.pdf.
- Peter Robinson gave a keynote on Institutional Podcasting at the PPP SIG meeting in Glasgow on May 7th. http://podcastingforpp.pbwiki.com/Glasgow-Caledonian-University
Notes and presentation from the Glasgow event - File:PPP Oxford iTunesU 6thMay.pdf.
- Peter Robinson gave a talk on Stepple, ENSEMBLE and the Steeple podcast portal work  at JISC for CETIS and the JISC OER strand - Tag: UKOER
- Meet the Steeple team at the JISC programme meeting 23rd/24th April in Manchester!
- Peter Robinson is giving a presentation about Steeple and sharing ideas at the Oxford Apache BarCamp in Oxford on Sunday 5th April. http://barcamp.org/BarCampApacheOxford
- Steeple Podcasting conference - 'Beyond Walls' in Oxford. April 3rd 2009. Fully sold-out. 120 people will be gathering at Oxford to discuss enterprise level podcasting. Podcasts, programme and reports will be available from then Steeple site and the programme site.
- Steeple Podcasting presentation 'Oxford on iTunes U - 'Unlocking Audio Conference' at the British Library Sound Archive, London. 16th March 2009.
- Steeple Tech Workshop - Practical and pragmatic experiences with podcasting technologies. March 5th & 6th 2009, OUCS, Oxford.
- Workshop report: Tech Workshop.
- The Experimental Playzone Aggregation for the Steeple project is now live, click here.
- Steeple Podcasting conference - 'Beyond Walls' in Oxford. April 3rd 2009. Details available from
- Apple HQ London - 'Oxford on iTunes U'. January 16th
- Links to the talk http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/podcasts/presentations/2008neweb/
- Further info from Cambridge and Open University related links
- Bjoern to speak at Teletask conference in Berlin 13th/14th Nov. Video recording available here. (Only the very beginning of the talk is in German. Bjoern is double checking that everybody is happy for the talk to be given in English.) The first part of the talk (direct link to mp4) makes the pitch for Steeple and OpenCast, but then moves on to accessibility issues in video and the digital divide. The other recordings (in German) are available here.
- Bjoern spoke at JISC IPTV conference 6th Nov, covering Steeple and OpenCast: Pdf available here, talk available here, other talks available here.
- Kick-off meeting OU 5th Nov
- Talks from the July 2008 podcasting conference in Oxford available here.