There are currently 17 UK HEIs involved in Steeple (3 via Steeple, 16+ via Steeple-BR), plus a handful of affiliated projects.
 1 The original "Steeple-3"
The Steeple project (2008 - March 2010) is a JISC funded project led by Oxford University, Cambridge University, and the Open University.
- Oxford University, Peter Robinson, Carl Marshall OpenCast profile for Oxford University
- University of Cambridge, Björn Haßler, OpenCast profile for University of Cambridge. Departments involved at Cambridge University:
 2 Steeple Benefits Realisation Partners
Thanks to the UK-wide interest in the Steeple project, and thanks to another round of JISC funding, we have been able to launch the Steeple Benefits Realisation project (September 2009 - August 2010), that seeks to broaden Steeple to the whole UK HE community: the project is fundamentally open and we are seeking for the project to have UK-wide impact, and for as many UK-HEIs to participate. For more information about the Steeple Benefits Realisation see Steeple Benefits Realisation. The Steeple Benefits Realisation partners are:
- , Rich Goodman, Greg Milsted, Garry Booth (Lboro is contributing to the steeple project by hosting the demo environment, see BR/DemoEnvironment)
- The University of Nottingham, Sally Hanford, Chris Chew, MarkBerry, Yijun Xu, OpenCast profile of Nottingham, (community profile)
- UCL, Jason Norton, Rachel Cooper, Adrian Birch
- The University of Reading: Stuart Brown, Peter Barnes, Alison Fabian, David Wong
- Oxford Brookes University, Leslaw Zieleznik, Graham Toon, Chris Jennings, Steve Burholt
- Sheffield Hallam: Andrew Middleton
- Warwick University: Tom Abbot
- Glasgow University: Adrian Bowman
- Sheffield University: Graham McElearney Paul Leman
- Harper-Adams / www.nationalrural.org: Roger Greenhalgh
- University of Highlands and Islands: Sean Mehan
- University of Sussex (Podcasting project: Sounds Direct): Tessa Rogowski, Paul Gration, Paul Pettit (community profile)
- , David Allen, Oliver Williams, James Tallentire, Chris Davies, James Whateley (community profile)
- , Peter Woodbridge
- , Adam Read
- NTU, Marek Oledzki
- Goldsmiths, University of London, Mira Vogel
- , Neil Witt
 3 Affiliated and related projects
The Steeple projects also maintains good relations with other UK-wide or international projects, such as:
- http://cuba.coventry.ac.uk/eltac/ ELTAC at Coventry
- Podcasting for Pedagogical Purposes, Jethro Newton, Andrew Middleton (also see Podcasting for Pedagogical Purposes).
- www.nationalrural.org: Roger Greenhalgh The National Rural Knowledge Exchange is a 14-university HEFCE-funded consortium project.
- OpenCast, http://www.opencastproject.org, Steeple profile on OpenCast, MichelleZiegmann
- http://www.replay.ethz.ch . Replay/ETH on OpenCast: showcase for ETH Zurich, showcase for Replay, institution profile