The main JISC project has now finished (April 2010) and you can see many of the final reports, videos,resources and outputs on the Steeple project site. The Steeple Benefits extension continues and this community wiki is still updated ...
Formal outputs are collated on the Steeple Project site http://steeple.oucs.ox.ac.uk/
The Steeple projects are JISC funded UK Higher Education community projects (led by Oxford University, the Open University, and Cambridge University, but including many other UK HE institutions). The vision for the original Steeple project is to investigate, develop, and document sustainable institutional infrastructure to support university wide educational podcasting. Through the Steeple Benefits Realisation project, we are also instigating a viable community around scalable, enterprise-level solutions suitable for the UK-HE sector in the areas of automated video/audio capture, video/audio processing, and video/audio delivery ("podcasting"). (If you are interested, you can contact us via this email.)
Some new resources to the Steeple project website that could well be of interest to you:
- A kit to help you launch your institution into iTunes U
- 'How we did it' - audio and video podcasts from the Open University
- 11 new audio interviews with various Steeple community members talking about their experiences in setting up podcasting at their institution
Launching iTunes U Project Kit
This collection of slides, documents and notes was compiled by Apple in conjunction with Steeple and it’s members to provide a starters guide for anyone else looking to join the iTunes U public system. You can find the kit (Files are available in MS Office or Apple iWork format) referenced in the Outcomes and Outputs section of the Project Report on the Steeple Website, http://steeple.oucs.ox.ac.uk/report/outputs.html and also below in our iTunesU Wiki page collating all our information about HE & iTunesU. http://steeple.org.uk/wiki/ITunesU
New interviews with community members
There are three video and three audio podcasts from the OU about their podcasting experiences, including a new audio podcast discussing issues of Rights management. You can find these files on the Steeple website - http://steeple.oucs.ox.ac.uk/media/open_podcasts.html .
Another output from the Open University as part of the Steeple project is this collection of 11 audio interviews with various academic, support and administrative staff from 5 institutions within the Steeple community, where they discuss their experiences with podcasting and service creation within their institution.
- Accessibility of podcasting
- Podcasting at Oxford: Overview
- Podcasting at Oxford: Low Resource Podcasting
- Podcasting at Cambridge: Range of products
- Podcasting at Cambridge: New Steeple Portal
- Podcasting at Coventry
- Podcasting at UCL
- UCL on iTunes U
- Cambridge on iTunes U
- Coventry on iTunes U
- Oxford on iTunes U
You can find all these on the Interviews Podcasts page within the Steeple Website: http://steeple.oucs.ox.ac.uk/resources/media/open_podcasts.html
 1 Engage!
- Steeple events:
- If you'd like to host the next workshop, please email us (email@example.com) to volunteer!
- Past events
- BR/Workshop_July_2011 - Oxford workshop - 1st July 2011
- 5th/6th November, Bjoern contributes two talks to http://www.terena.org/activities/media/ws2/programme.html
- 10th/11th November: Institutional visits to BCU, Warwick, Coventry and CETIS conference round table.
- 17th November: Next meeting of the Steeple/Opencast metadata group: see Syndication.
- 23rd/24th November in Nottingham, more info here BR/Workshop November 2009 Nottingham
- October 7th in Oxford BR/Assembly October 2009 Oxford
- 4th November, 4pm GMT, webinar BR/Meetings/Webinar: Self-service streaming media facility - all welcome (see here for instructions on how to join)
- For full list of events, please visit Current events.
- Watch, listen and subscribe to the Steeple podcasts - Hear podcast experts talk about their work
- Steeple podcast portal - Browse the Steeple podcast portal, featuring podcast from all Steeple partners!
 2 Read!
- The Steeple Podcasting Booklet
- Policy and Processes Report
- Accessibility requirements report
- Our syndication information and the Steeple specification
 3 Find out more!
- Find out more:
- Outcomes and Deliverables
- The portal / web front end: Portal. You can now try the Java-based Steeple portal software, and see technical details, developers resources
- outcomes and deliverables
- For a full list of work packages, see WP - work packages. See also Talk:WP for general discussion.
- Perhaps more of 'internal' interest, here are some decisions to be made about Infrastructure.
- Ensemble - project spin off to realise ideas being considered/discovered in Steeple. (This was based on the Steeple podcast portal)
- Podcasting Process Breakdown Questionnaire
(All institutions are listed on the Steeple:Community Portal.)