BR/Assembly October 2009 Oxford
OCTOBER 7th, OXFORD. The first official Steeple-BR event will be an 'assembly' together with ELTAC crowd from Coventry. Topics for the event will be issues around licensing and copyright, as well as metadata-related issues. Many of you have signed up already, and we're nearly up to capacity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org asap if you would like to come. (Event costs and lunch will be met by the project, but you'll need to pay for your own accommodation/transport. Bring your laptop if you like!!)
 1 Main event: October 7th
Location: ISIS Lecture room, Computing Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN
8.30 Early-bird session in the Kennet room ? You decide!
9.00 - 10.00 Informal discussions and Show and Tell.
10.00 Welcome and overview of Steeple / ELTAC projects
11.00 - 12.30 Parallel Sessions
- ISIS Room - Session A1 Kennet Room (Max 15 ) - Session B1
12.30 Free Lunch at Rewley House, 2mins walk from OUCS
13.30 Informal discussions and Show and Tell.
14.00 Parallel Sessions
- ISIS Room - Session A4 Kennet Room (Max 15 ) - Session B4
- ISIS Room - Session A8 Summary and futures
16:00 Closing session.
18.00 Informal reflections on the day at the Royal Oak
 1.1 Possible topics
As this event is following an agile philosophy of an unconvention/barcamp it's up to the attendees themselves to help populate the talks and lead the day. The workshop is a DIY day rather than a series of presentations. So feel free to stick your name against a topic below or email email@example.com to suggest a theme/talk/presentation but be willing to instigate or run it perhaps using your laptop or a browser.
We might have the following talks if people are willing to do them ! ( Talks in bold took place ;) )
- Steeple overview - Peter Robinson,Oxford
- ELTAC project - Imran, ELTAC Coventry
- Steeple BR overview - Bjoern Hassler, Cambridge
- iTunes U at Coventry - ELTAC
- Strategies to cope with copyright - Rowan Wilson, Oxford Openspires/OSS Watch
- Demo of a LC exemplar, highlighting pedagogic/delivery issues - Juliet Hinrichsen, ELTAC
- Collaborations - Bjoern Hassler, Cambridge
- Marketing and SEO - Ben Hawkridge,Open University
- Pocket Universities and mobile mayhem - http://m.ox.ac.uk - Alex@ox ?
- Podcasts in teaching, tricks and techniques - Joe D
- Why Workflow? Policies within an institution for AV workflow - Stewart@open? Pete?
- RSS and aggregation - Bjoern Hassler,Cambridge
- Lecture Capture Echo 360 - ELTAC
- Lecture Capture simplification using Echo 360 - Sally Hanford,Nottingham
- Encoding engines/ Podcast producer/ Server Infrastructure - Carl Marshall
- iTunes U, Cataloguing Metadata RSS and aggregation - Bjoern Hassler,Cambridge,
- Portals Java
- Portals Drupal - Steve?
- Open Content - Notts? Pete? Stewart N@Open
- Open Cast
On the day we also had a last minute short presentation about the Community and the SAKAI open source VLE from the head of the SAKAI foundation, Michael Korcuska.
 1.2 Steeple/ELTAC Assembly outputs for the wider community
- a proposal for an enhanced audio video content syndication format
- Specification of the format (namespace, elements, attributes, schemes)
- Demonstrator aggregator / validator: http://www.opencontent.org.uk (which implements the current proposal)
 1.3 People attending the Oct 7th event (30/9/09)
We are now full but if you think you should be attending and are not on the list, please email peter@ox.
- Peter R@ox
- Melissa @ox
- Stewart N@open
- Cam 2
- David O@Nott
- Peter W@cov
- Juliet H@cov
- David W@cov
- Pat L ?
- Trinity D ?
- Warwick ?*
- Jenny M
- Roger G - Rural
- Alison F@reading
- d.t.w@reading ?
- Chris J @Brookes
= Total 29 ?
 2 Around on the 6th or 8th?
Note: If you are staying the night before or after the 7th, get in touch and we can have pre/post event discussions! Let Bjoern know if you're around!